Okay I first have to say that my last post did not go as I had planned. If you notice how the pictures and the words around them don’t really line up and aren’t even in the same font size, can I just say “GRRRR!@#@%&*”. I hate the fact that what you put in your composition area is not what comes out on your blog. I’ve wanted to fix it, but I haven’t had time, so sorry for the sloppy blog.
Any way, lots has been going on. Amelia had her first birthday on Sunday. I have tons of pictures, but unfortunately I don’t have any of them with me right now so I’ll have to post them later. (Side note, I don’t have internet at home, so I usually do my blogging after my nightly tutoring session at SUU’s library). Amelia had a not so sugary cake, it was my banana bread recipe in a cake pan with a whipped cream cheese frosting. Although I did add some walnuts and a few chocolate chips. James loved it, and apparently everyone else did too, because by the time everyone (Becky, Gabe, Jessica, Dave, Mary Jane, Bekah, and Rachel) left, the cake was gone.
I also had some interesting events take place today. I found out today the state funding I receive to tutor one of my students was completely cut off. Today is the last day they will pay for my tutoring, and there are still 4 weeks left in the semester. Apparently they are making some significant budget cuts in the State Department of Rehabilitation. I wanted to cry when I found out, one because I didn’t think my student would be able to afford to pay me himself and two because I knew without my help he might not pass the class. During the moment I reflected on the doctrine of faith verses fear, and was reminded of the importance of having faith and not fear. Realizing that the Lord is mindful of us and that as we put our trust and faith in him, everything will work out, although we may have no idea exactly how it will work out. I met with my student tonight and found out that he will be able to keep me as his tutor, which I am grateful for, because we not only do we need the money, but I also want to see him succeed and pass this class. It’s funny, actually it’s scary, with everything that is going on in our country and with our economy. I cringe every time I listen to Rush Limbaugh and I think about where the future of our nation is heading with Obama at the helm. And then I always have to look at the bigger picture and remember again faith verses fear. The Lord knows all and we have to make the best with what we’ve got. I know that if I didn’t have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, I would be full of fear right now. The Lord loves us and is watching over us, and we must put our faith in that.
Beautiful testimony, Marci. So true! And a great reminder for all of us! Love you tons. My motto is "Everything always works out." It will, I'm sure. You're in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteIt was good to talk with you again, although it was brief. I love your blogspot and pictures of your DARLING family. I can't believe how quickly time has gone by! Give your beautiful daughter a hug for me- I'd love to hug her myself! Congrats.
ReplyDeleteGood post -- you're a good example. I'm glad you get to keep your student :)
ReplyDelete