Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bowling Class

James and I are taking a bowling class this semester. It’s once a week for two hours or until we finish our two games, which ever come first. I have loved going to this class. Our second week into the class the teacher showed me a different style of bowling. She explained that when you bowl you should be shaking hands with the bowling pins when you release the ball, so your wrist should end up being vertical rather than horizontal. I have definitely improved over the weeks, although my improvement isn’t very consistent. Last week I bowled a 103 and a 92 whereas the week before I bowled a 122 and a 125. So far my high score is a 131, and I’m hoping before the class is over I’ll be able to get above a 150, we’ll see though. I have to say my coolest bowl thus far was when I had a split and was able to hit one of the pins so that it went across the alley to hit the other pin. It was a pretty sweet if I say so myself, and it was on my birthday, which made it all the better.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! What a great date night every week! Is this through the school or a community class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's through the school, although since I'm not a student the bowling ally let me pay the fee for the class without having to register, which worked out perfect.

    ReplyDelete