We are truly CELEBRATING GOOD TIMES here at the Crawford home!! Last week James had his thesis defense for his capstone history class, where he had to write a 25 page thesis paper. For those unfamiliar with James's schooling, I'll give a brief explanation. In January 2008 James was enrolled in the capstone history course at UVU, which is the last class all history majors need. In this class you are required to write a 25 page thesis paper. Most students when taking this class already have 12 pages written from a previous class are suppose to just elaborate more on there previous paper to complete the course. Well, James’s professor, for reasons we still don’t know, wanted James to write on a different topic than what his 12 page paper was on, which meant a whole lot more work. James worked hard all semester, which was challenging because it was also the semester Amelia. After getting a 70% on his rough draft, somehow James managed to fail his final paper, so the professor said, which I still don't understand. Anyway, she gave him an “I” and said he would have until May of 2009 to redo and fix his paper. James has therefore really had no break in his schooling since then because this paper has been continually hanging over his head. So the fact that his paper is completely done is extremely exciting for us!! He had his defense over the phone on Thursday last week, and once it was complete they told him he would get at least a “B”, which we are very happy for, although I feel he deserves an A +++++.
This week is James’s spring break so on Friday we drove up here to Springville and had a night of celebration. My parents and George and Liz took us to Salt Lake where we went to the Cheesecake Factory, which was awesome! We had a blast, and are continuing to enjoy a relaxing and restful spring break.
Congrates!!!!!!! Love the song!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Congrats to James! That is so exciting! That paper has been a thorn in both of your sides for so long, I'm so glad it's done! You're right, he did deserve an A+++++++! This week is Rich's spring break as well, but I had to work, darn it, or we would be celebrating with you!
ReplyDeleteHi Marci! I just linked here from Chelsea's blog. It is great to see you again. We named our oldest Amelia also, how funny. We call her Millie most of the time however or a whole slew of nick names. Glad to see all is well. Breanne (Tranchell) Noyes
ReplyDeleteMarci! I have been wondering what you guys are up to! Thanks for finding me! Cedar City? Optomestry school? What in the world. Wow, your lives have changed! Amelia is so darling! How fun! I am excited to stay connected. What is Becki & Gabe up to? Do they have a blog?
ReplyDelete