Thursday, March 5, 2009

Food Storage

So the last few days I have been thinking A LOT about food storage! Sometimes it is overwhelming to think about everything you should have in your food storage and what you can actually afford to put in it at the moment. Luckily James and I are actually doing fairly well. Lin's is having a case lot sale this week so we're re-stocking our shelves, which is comforting.

I have also had great intentions for almost a year now to make my own loaf of bread. I have collected several recipes from my mom, Uncle Scott, my mother-in-law, my ward, and I'm sure I have a few more from who knows where, and yet I still have not made my own loaf of bread. So the other day I went to the store to get everything I needed, and of course the stores I went to either didn't have what I needed, were sold out, or weren't selling the brand I was looking for. My hope is when I head north next week I'll be able to find everything so I can finally make a loaf of bread...."that'll be the day!"

3 comments:

  1. Marci, That is so amazing. We are like right on the same mind track. I just posted along these lines. I couldn't agree more.

    Maybe start with rolls. For some reason I've found them to be easier. I'm still working on that great loaf of bread too. :) I'd love to get a recipe from you when you find one that works well for beginners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci-
    Isn't it so comforting to have that done? It's amazing what it can do for you when you need it, and that usually happens when you thought you wouldn't... life's funny. Plus, it's nice to rotate it out, always having that to go to. (not to mention the feeling of being obedient)

    I actually learned how to make homemade bread last week with my Mother-in-law! Seriously never thought I'd see the day where I could do such a thing but I turned around the next day and did it again. If you'd like to try, yet another:), recipe let me know. This one can be loaves, buns, or rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just saw your comment, I can't believe I'm barely missing you! :( I wish I could've seen you while I was there! Anyhooo, couldn't agree with you more on the food storage, with all the crazy weather we've been having out here my eyes have really been opened! We finally got a Costco card and we are finally stocking up.

    ReplyDelete