Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break!

I love spring break!! James and I had such a relaxing and fun spring break! Saturday (March 14) my old roommate, Holly, got married in the Bountiful Temple, and we went up to her luncheon. It was so fun to see her, she looked stunning!!! It’s always exciting to see your friends find their own prince charming, and Holly’s husband is definitely that for her. I also enjoyed being able to see some of the other old roomies. I promised them I would post the pictures I took on my blog, so here they are.




After the wedding we went up to Tremonton to see James’s Grandma. Seeing Grandma is always a challenge for me because I am soooooo allergic to her dog!!! It took no more than twenty minutes before I started sneezing. I then end up having the whole labored breathing and eye itching thing, so basically I end up being miserable. It really is the pits because I do like visiting his Grandma, she truly is pure entertainment, but I can’t even last an hour sitting in her home. Anyway, James ended up spending the night with Grandma while Amelia and I traveled Logan to stay with my great uncle Stan, who was so kind to let us stay in his home! While I was at Uncle Stan’s we watched “The Boy in Stripped Pajamas”, which is a good movie, but with a super sad ending!!! It’s one of those “Life is Beautiful” movies except it ends when the Dad dies and leaves you with no real warm fuzzes. So if you’re in for a real good heart breaker, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

After Tremonton we went back to Springville and enjoyed playing Manila and Wii Tanks. James and I are addicted to beating Tanks, we finally got to level 19, and were just shy of getting to level 20. One of these days we’ll beat it! We came back to Cedar on Thursday last week and were pleasantly surprised to find James’s parent in town, so we had some fun times with his family as well. Okay, I think I’ve written way too much, but I have some fun videos and pictures of Amelia, hope you enjoy!

Amelia with "hand warmers"









James always lets Amelia sit on his lap while he gets the fire going, he's such a good Dad!!





Mary Jane was definitely favorite Aunt, although the pictures might not show it. Mary Jane had been holding Rachel when Amelia came up to her holding her hands out for her to pick her up, and once she did Jessica when over and started crying, feeling left out that she too wasn't being held by Aunt Mary Jane, it was all pretty cute.











Amelia with Great Grandma Bird.
















Cousin Tyler enjoyed surrounding Amelia with pillows










5 comments:

  1. Jake & I were totally obsessed with Tanks there for a while, until we couldn't pass level 20 either! It's so frustrating! :) Needless to say, we don't play it as much, which is probably a good thing. :) Glad you had a good Spring Break, those breaks are always awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci! Love the pictures. You look so good in the luncheon pictures. Love your hair! Don't you just love Spring Break! It's fun to be able to enjoy the fun parts of being in school without having to do the work! :) Thanks for the movie review . . . that one's been on my list of movies to see. We'll have to wait till we're in the mood. :) Love you! and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to learn more about this tanks game. Sounds like a winner for a beginner! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marci-I have only one word for you--CLARITIN! We watched the boy in the striped pajamas last night and i had awful dreams. An impactful but devastating flick! Love your pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had such a fun spring break! The pictures with Amelia's mouth opened make me laugh...she is so darn cute. Ok, and is that Jessica in the picture with Mary Jane holding the 3 kids? WOW!!! She is getting so big and her hair is SO LONG! It feels like we haven't seen anybody forever...probably because we haven't! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete