Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pure Entertainment

Last week I made a little tent for Amelia by putting blankets between our two coaches. I was amazed to see how entertained she was by just going in and out of this tent. It's so fun to watch kids play, especially when they are entertained by the simplest things. I was lucky enough to catch some of her play time on video, enjoy!




And here are some more fun pictures! She's just so cute, I LOVE being a mom!!






I also had some exciting news today. One of the students I tutor who failed his class last semester just took his first test this semester. He has been working so hard, and I have been drilling him TONS!! I made him take his three old practice exams two or three different times. Any way, all the hard work has paid off. His teacher called me this morning to let me know that he got an 89% on his test!!!! I am so excited for him! It's interesting because when I first talked to his teacher last semester she very much questioned if he would ever be capable of passing the class, now she's watching in amazement as he now has an A- in her class. I love it! It is so rewarding to know that something I'm doing is actually helping him, and that he is succeeding, it's GREAT!!

I have also taken the plunge into a new hair cut. It's now above the shoulders with some sweeping fringe (aka bangs). As she was cutting it I was so excited with how good it actually looked. I then decided to take a chance and try out some bangs...the moment she cut them, I had serious regrets. Hence I have no pictures of my new hair cut, I'm still adjusting. Until next time.....take care!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Amelia is so darn cute! We sure miss you guys! Good job on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci you blog is absolutely darling. You are a natural. We especailly loved the video of Amelia. You are such a creative mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexis liked the breathing in the background of your video. You are making the Bennett children wish they had a blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amelia is soo cute! You are such a fun mom! And I love love love your "fringe"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marci! That video is priceless. How cute and creative!!! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete