Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Independence High

I just found out on Saturday that the school I taught at for two years is going through some serious changes. Apparently the state of Utah is going to cut a substantial amount of money for education which is going to severely effect schools throughout the state. Because Independence is an "alternative" High School, there are talks and rumors of it eventually being closed down. For next year it looks as though that the staff will be cut in half and that they'll no longer be having freshman students attending the school. I'm sad to see these changes take place. Although the graduation rate has never been extremely high at Independence, the students who graduate never would have had they not come to our school. It's scary to see how this economic crisis really is effecting EVERYONE!

I loved teaching at Independence, my experience there has changed who I am in so many ways. I hope and pray that things will work out for those who are currently working there, my heart goes out to each of you!

1 comment:

  1. Marci-
    Love the blog! I don't understand facebook really either:) Your family is so sweet. Check our blog out at- andrewandchelseapratt.blogspot.com

    Chelsea Winward Pratt

    ReplyDelete