Monday, February 2, 2009

First Time Blogger

So I have finally decided to take the plunge and join the bloggers crowd. This means everyone who sees my blog should be sympathetic and know…… I really have no idea what I’m doing. I also have to put a disclaimer on anything I write. Unlike my amazing sister-in-law, Carlie (Liz is also amazing as well), I am NOT an English major. I graduated in Math Education, which means I am great at writing mathematical sentences, but when it comes to English sentences…..let’s just say I’m lacking.

So the latest thing happening here in the Crawford home is that Amelia is walking!! Last Saturday she was going to town walking to Mom and Dad. Granted she hasn’t taken any more than three or four steps at a time, but she’s learning fast, and it’s only a matter of time before she’s everywhere! She amazes us everyday with all the cute things she can do. Last Sunday she was sitting down and she took the bottom of her dress and lifted it up over her head and started playing peek-a-boo with us, SHE’S SO CUTE!! She also has a front top tooth as well as her two bottom teeth. She has become a Parana, and is now enjoying a bottle full time!!

James is still busy with school. He is almost done filling out he graduation papers, which means he will be graduating from UVU in May with his History Degree. You would think this would mean he was done with school, but no! We are here in Cedar City where he is fulfilling his pre-optometry requirements, so he can attend optometry school. He will finish his pre-op. classes this fall, and then we’ll start applying to schools, and who knows where we’ll end up. So hopefully he’ll be all done with school by the time Amelia is six!

As for me, I love being a Mom! I am also enjoying the part time tutoring job that I have. I’m tutoring two students at SUU, who are both amazing. Math may not be their forte, but they have both done a great job. It’s been exciting to see both of them catch on to the things that they are learning, and really start to excel. One took the class he is taking now last semester, and didn’t do as well as he would like. Now he is at a 92%, and I am so thrilled for him. My other student is taking Math 1020, and it’s been so fun for me to tutor her. A lot of what they cover in her class I learned in my upper division classes at USU, so it’s been a fun review. One of her assignments was particularly interesting, and you might enjoy trying to solve some of her problems yourselves. Here are two of the problems that were in her book, see if you can figure them out.

#1 – If you were to ask Cat Woman how many cat’s she has, she would reply with the riddle “five-sixths of my cats plus seven”, how many does she have?

#2 – Eve said to Adam, “if you give me a dollar we’ll have the same amount of money” and Adam said to Eve, “if you give me a dollar I’ll have double what you have left”. How much money does each have?

I’ll post the answers on my next blog.

Let’s see, I think the only news I haven’t told about is the fact that James and I have moved out of the Ghetto. We absolutely love our new place. It’s a basement apartment with two bedrooms and a washroom. The rooms are all pretty small, and yet there is plenty of room. There is only a shower here, so we have had to be creative in making Amelia a tub by buying a plastic storage container that we can put at the bottom of the shower, and it’s worked great! We have felt so blessed! We are living close to campus, in a safe and beautiful neighborhood, and we even have a back yard with a sand box!!! Although, James calls the sandbox the local kitty litter, but I think it will be fine. Well that’s us for now!!

1 comment: