First a quick update. Easter was WONDERFUL!! We went to Escalante with the Crawfords and had a great time! Every time we visit James's parents, my father-in-law takes us on a hike, and we have yet to repeat a hike since we've been married. This time we went to Phip's (or Fips I'm not sure the spelling) Arch. Dad took us a way he has never gone before. It was a mile to the look out point, which was perfect, but then Dad wanted to get all the way to the arch. Now you have to know that from where we were there was a huge ravine (couldn't see the bottom) and to get to the arch we'd have to go down the ravine and around the HUGE rock/mountain that was between us and the arch. Needless to say I was not thrilled about the idea of finding a way down the ravine (which there wasn't one from where we were) and then hiking, who knows how much longer, to get a closer look at the arch. Oh, I should mention that we were there with Becky and Gabe and there 20 month old girl, and we also had Amelia. So, I may have been up for the longer hike, if we didn't have the two chillin's. Gratefully no one was able to find a way down the ravine, but we had a great time exploring on the rocks and catching lizards. I do love Escalante, it is so beautiful, and there is always something new to see.
I also need to mention that James's parents got their mission call the Wednesday before Easter. They are going for 23 months to Perth, Australia. They were both a bit shocked, because they thought for sure they would be staying in the states, but they are excited for the adventure, and we are VERY excited for them.
James also got his grade for his thesis class today. It's a B+ ,which is wonderful, even if I think it should be an A+, but at least the class is over. The last bit of news, I got a call from our bishop tonight and he asked if James and I would come in on Thursday to see him. Know that James just got a calling on Sunday to do the ward programs, and our Relief Society President is moving next week, so I'm a bit nervous.......but I'm praying Sunday school teacher....I'll keep you posted! Hopefully my next post I'll actually have pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment