Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The GREEN Drink!

The last two months have been very good for me.  Ever since Kayla was born I have been trying to get back to the old me, and up until mid-December, I was still fifteen pounds away.  I finally decided that I really did want to get rid of this baby weight!  So I did what your always told to do to loose weight....eat right and exercise.  Today I am now back to my pre-pregnancy weight before Kayla, and I am planning to get rid of a bit more, but it's nice to feel like progress is finally being made! 

I will say part of my eating right has included drinking a quart of green smoothie every day, which consists of :

2 3/4 cup filtered water

add 1/4 a lemon (skin seeds and all) and blend.

then add green veggies, start with just spinach and then as you get more daring add other things like celery, carrots, lettuce, kale, (I tried collard and HATED it, but you may have better luck) and pretty much any green you want to try, but I would stick mostly to spinach.  Add this to your blender till it reaches the 5 1/2 cup mark.

then add fruit (best if it's frozen) till you reach the 8 1/2 cup mark. 

I then add 1/2 tsp of honey, or however much I feel it needs. 

You may want to start with less veggie and more fruit then work you way till it's 50/50.

My Mom sent me "The Green Smoothie Diet" book in January, and I loved it! I lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks!  If anyone wants to learn more you can go to the author's web page www.greensmoothiegirl.com , and click on her video tab to watch her make the smoothie, or just get the book.  I will say that if you decide to really do the smoothies, it is good to invest in a nice blender.  I say this because after only making smoothies for two weeks my Bosch blender was totally stripped on the bottom part and would no longer work.  I'm pretty spoiled though because my parents felt so bad that they gave me an early birthday present and got me a Vita Mix Blender, which has been AWESOME!

Now I have our whole family drinking green.  James only has about 2 to 3 cups a day, but Amelia will drink about a cup to a cup and half every day, and she likes them, which I think says a lot!  But not only have I lost weight, but I really do feel so much healthier.  So THANKS MOM for getting me hooked!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go--I know you have been working out hard and now drinking the green stuff! You look great and I am glad it has helped health wise as well--sometimes that is the best part :) I may have to try this one morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking good! Good job - it is always nice to get back to pre-pregnancy weight! With Hudson I wanted to lose even more and luckily I lost 22 more lbs on top of my pregnancy pounds - I'm hoping to do similar with this one so I'll have to check into it and definitely check into a vita-mix :)

    ReplyDelete