Tuesday, November 2, 2010

James's White Coat

So I have a lot of updating to do, as usual.  I thought that because I now have Internet at home that I would be better at staying up to date with things......yeah, not quite.  So here is what's been going on. 

At the end of September SCO had their "white coat ceremony" for the first year students.  You have to know James is not big on ceremonies like this, in fact he didn't even go to his own graduation when he got his bachelors degree, so he wasn't exactly excited about going.  I kept telling James that this was a big deal for him to get his "white coat" as a doctor and that it would be fun.  So the day came and I luckily got my friend Ashley to come with me (her husband is a first year student as well) to help me out with the two lovely ladies.  I thought I had come well prepared, bringing snacks and the DVD player with head phones and plenty of videos to watch.  Well all went extremely well for the first hour and a half where they honored the second through fourth year students with awards as well as some outstanding teachers, this was all well and good but by the time they got to recognizing the first year students (which it was basically like another graduation, except for this is congrats on starting and not ending) Amelia was DONE!  So I at least got to see James go across the stage and shake hands with the President of SCO, but I missed the whole Doctors oath because I was outside the church with a SCREAMING two year old.  All I could do was laugh as she through a HUGE temper tantrum in front of the church, which was being viewed by all passers-by, it was great fun though.  Thank heaven Ashley was there to help with Kayla or it really would have been a disaster.  Amelia finally calmed down when her friend Krew came out to play.

I am glad we went, dispite the challenge.  I am so proud of James.  He has come so far to make it here now, and it has been a long road to get here.  He is doing really well in school despite the challenges, but if anyone can do, it's James.  I'm so lucky to have such a GREAT husband!





 This is James with his classmates who live in Southaven, unfortunately three of the group are missing, we just weren't quick enough to catch them.

I also have to Thank my friend Diedra for the pictures, she was gracious enough to take some for us since I forgot my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment