Thursday, September 23, 2010

Book Addiction

Last Saturday our ward had a Rummage Sale which was totally awesome!!  When I first got there they were selling clothes for 50 cents each, so I thought I'd find a few for Amelia, but as I was about to call it quits, the prices changed to $1 for a bag of clothes, which was great!  I got Amelia 4 shirts a skirt and 2 skirts for myself.  I then went and checked out the books that were available, not expecting to find much.  To my great surprise and pleasure I found above and beyond what I expected.  I think I ended up with almost 20 books, and for all my efforts, I only paid $5 total!!!  I almost feel guilty for getting so much for so little.  Some of the books included "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe", "Bridge to Terabithia", "The Christmas Box", the four book series of Mrs. PiggleWiggle, "Ella Enchanted", "Tuck Everlasting", and so much more, it was so fun!

So of course on Monday I had to start reading.  I picked up "Ella Enchanted" in the afternoon and finished around 10:30 that night.  I am the type of book reader that once I start, I just have to finish.  I must say I really enjoyed this book.  It's very simple, but really fun.  We actually own the movie, and I was surprised to find that the book and movie are quite different.  This made the book that much more enjoyable, since I didn't know exactly what would happen.  Tuesday I picked up "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe".  This book was almost exactly like the movie, but it still was a fun read, which I finished tonight.  It has been so long since I've had time to read, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

I can't wait to be able to read novels to my girls, it brings back memories of when my mom use to read Mrs. PiggleWiggle to me as a kid.  I loved those stories.  Reading is just so relaxing and such a great way to let your imagination soar.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you found some good stuff at the rumage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci- This is Chelsea Winward from Springville and I just found your blog. Congratulations on your knew baby. Your girls are so cute. I too am a book addict and love all of the ones that you picked up- What an awesome rummage sale. Check out my blog when you get a chance- (I don't update it too often)
    www.andrewandchelseapratt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete