July 27th we packed our ABF moving truck. We packed all of our belongings in a 8x9x7 cube, it was an incrediable sight. I unforunately had a dead camera at the time, but when I get a copy of the one my sister-in-law has I will post it...it is pretty sweet. We were so blessed that day as we had angles pop out of the wood works to not only move our belongings but also clean the house. I just want to cry as I think about all those who sacrificed their time to help us out.
July 29th we hit the road for Mississippi. We made overnight stops in Albequerque, New Mexico, and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Both Kayla and Amelia were champs!! I can't even believe how well they both did, crying was minimual...thanks to our portable DVD player (by the way that is the only way to travel with a two year old!!). On our journey here we decided that we never want to live in New Mexico (no offence to anyone from there), we had to many crazy things happen to us there. We saw a Sheriff pull over a cow...okay so he was trying to keep him from running onto the free way which we were grateful it didn't come out while we were passing. We also almost hit a big ol' dog on the free way, although we still think we nicked it with our bumper. I had to swerve to miss it and came to a complete stop...then I had to quickly get out of the lane as to aviod getting hit by the semi behind us...yes once again we had angles amoung us. We also encounter a very crazy driver who nearly caused a faitle accident, right in front of us. Know all of this happened within about an hour and it all took place in New Mexico...hence we have no desire to live there.
Saturday we arrived in Mississippi to what we orginally planned to be our new home and appartment, by Sunday night we knew this appartment would not work for us because both James and I were sick from the smell of smoke, mixed with the paint and carpet I'm sure. So we stayed in a hotel Sunday night and by Monday afternoon we found our new home! It's a great appartment community with gates, pool, putting green, and excersize equipment! The best is our apartment faces the pond that has some cool turtles swimming around. We love the neighbors we have met and we also love our new "church family" as they call it out here.
Friday August 6 Richard (my brother) and Carlie came to visit, just in time to help us unload our trailor. Once again angles came out from the wood works as several people we had never even met came to help us unload, and we had it all moved out in less than an hour. We loved having Richard and Carlie here, they were masterful at getting our place set and ready to go. Before they left on Monday our kitchen, living room, and dinning room were decorated organized and perfectly emaculate. We so loved having them here, especially with their adorable little Brynlie. Having them here made feel like we were coming home rather than leaving our home...isn't family GREAT!!
Now as if this blog were long enough...here are some pictures
This is Amelia in our closet (notice how the pack-n-play fits so nicely...yes this is Kayla's room as well as our closet)
Here's the three cousins Brynlie, Amelie, and Kayla
This was just before Richard and Carlie left...we had get at least one whole group shot

While Richard and Carlie were here Amelia slept in our closet. James had left his hanging tie rack right above Amelia's sleeping spot, and she took good care of all of his ties.

This is Amelia with her new found friend Lucy, her parents Heather and Jj are also here for Optometry school.

Heather is on the left with Carlie and Brynlie on the far right. This is our back porch that has the perfect view of the pond.

Richard is great at not only throwing Brynlie in the air but balancing her with her feet in her hands, it's pretty fun to watch and Brynlie makes the perfect cheerleader!

Here's a perfect view of the good ol' muddy Mississippi

I just love my brother!!

This is our kitchen before Carlie and Richard showed up...that counter is completely clear now!









congrats on your new adventures Marci. Looks like you found a wonderful home for the next few years. Give those beautiful girls a squeeze for me. Love you all!
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through your comment on the FHE blog. So glad to have you here and happy you are enjoying your new apartment!
ReplyDeleteI also found your blog through FHE - I met you Sunday but wanted to say welcome and can't wait to get to know you more! I know I'm a fourth year and you will have lots of first year friends, but please keep me in mind for anything you may need! Our blog is www.kashandcara.blogspot.com if you want to check it out!
ReplyDeleteYeah! I'm so glad to hear the trip went well and you are settling in nicely. We love you and are excited you're closer now!!! Next time you want to take a road trip when you have a break... think of VA and maybe Carlie and Rich could come too! Our door is always open! XOXO
ReplyDelete