Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Crawford Crew GREW!!

We are now a family of 4. Kayla joined us on May 21st weighing in at 7lbs and 19 inches long. She came 9 days early, which was right on time for me! We were actually in St. George staying at my sisters house when I went into labor around 3:45 in the morning. We left around 5 for Cedar City and after picking a few things up at home we made it to the hospital around 7-7:30. By the time we got there I was already dialated to a six, needless to say, I got my epidural soon after arriving. Kayla didn't wait too long, she arrivd at 10:36 am. Everything went very smoothly. She has been a wonderful baby! Right now we are in Springville with my parents for a few weeks, before we go back to Cedar City. It's been sooo nice to have Grandma and Grandpa Bird around to help out with Amelia. She has loved the extra attention, as well as the park out the back yard, and we have loved being able to get a little more sleep in the morning. Aren't parents GREAT!! Amelia has also been an amazing big sister. I have been so impressed with how sweet and gentle she has been with Kayla....we can only pray that it continues to last :) ! How I love my two little girls. It is amazing how your love is able to expand and grow for your kids. I wasn't sure how I could love another little girl as much as I do Amelia, but I love her just as much, it is wonderful! I so love being a MOM!!!!

I've added some pictures from the past few days....Enjoy!

This is Kayla at 5 days old
This is the Saturday before Memorial day. We went with my parents to all the grave sites on both the Birds and the Sumsions, it was lots of fun!


This is Amelia and I at (great) Grandma and Grandpa Bird's grave site


I love this of Amelia and Andrew, just the day before Kayla was born. Amelia loves her new sunglasses and will only wear her hat backwards, it's great!



This is just after Kayla was born. We went to the park with Jame's sister Becky and her husband Gabe, along with their kids Jessica and Adam. Gabe left for boot camp on Monday so this was out last outing together. We are certianly going to miss Gabe, especially Amelia!





Grandma Bird stayed with us for 3 days after Kayla was born...she was a life savor!!



This is the extended Crawford family with Aunt Vicky, Aunt Ruth, and Aunt Becky, along with my niece Bekah, Rachel and my nephew Adam....and Amelia too


Our first new family photo!!

The Crawford Girls!


First Bath

Our new Arrival























4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I didn't even know you were prego! She is beautiful, like her sister! Sounds like it all went fast the second time, I am hoping that is the case for me. And you look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! What a cute little addition. I hope all is going well. Again, congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!! Congrats, Marci and James! We are so excited that Colton and Kayla get to share a birthday! :) She is precious and I'm so grateful you're able to spend so much time with the family while you're adjusting (and can't believe you're up and at it so soon!) Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Congratulations!! Hooray for family of 4! I loved reading your post because our number 2 will be joining us in about 8 weeks and I too wonder about the adjustment. So much love to give and it just grows huh!? Well wonderful!

    ReplyDelete