This is Amelia (on the right) with her cousins Rachel (left) and Jessica (center). James hand built one of his famous cardboard slides and the three little ladies were milking it for all it was worth.
Here is James showing off his mad jimmy rigging skills. James refused to buy a tree stand for our small little tree and instead was able to make his own tree stand. I was pretty impressed that when he was done, the tree was actually standing on it's own. I have an amazing husband!!
This year we spent Christmas up in Springville, and one of our family traditions is to make graham cracker houses. This year James and I went out on a limb and made an "outhouse". As you can see Santa appreciated all of our efforts.
Our family enjoyed a wonderful Christmas! My parents spoiled Amelia with a speaking baby doll and a Lego-wagon. James and I exchanged Christmas coupons, which is always fun. Christmas day ended on a bitter-sweet note. We were playing games with my parents, and George and Liz, when we got a phone call from Hearthstone Manor, where Grandma Bird has been living (she has had Alzheimer's for the past two years), and told my Dad that she was having trouble breathing. My Dad quickly left to go see her and before he got there they called the house again to let us know that she had passed away. It's definitely sad to think we will never see her again in this life, but it is wonderful to think about the joyous reunion that was happening on the other side. Truly my Grandma was able to go HOME for Christmas, and be reunited with her husband who she hasn't seen in 35 years. How grateful I am for the gospel of Jesus Christ to know that this life is not the end...it's only the beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment